Saturday, October 31, 2009

Shoe Story


I had a dinner date with friends last night and while waiting for them to arrive, I went window shopping. I was browsing in the shoe department and saw a pair of ballet flats which I wanted to buy when I was pregnant with Chloe. The majority of shoes that I own are usually high heels, so when I found out I was pregnant, I had to buy some sensible, flat, comfy shoes ... definitely cannot risk walking around town in my 3 inch heels!!

Looking at 'that' pair of shoes brought back fond memories... I can still clearly recall the first time that I saw it. It was during lunch hour and I was with 2 colleagues (one of whom is pregnant). I liked the shoes, tried it on and decided to purchase it, but unfortunately, they ran out of my size. I guess size 6 is a common size for Singapore women. My pregnant colleague bought it because they had it in her size.

When I saw that pair of shoes yesterday, I noticed that they now have it in my size. I still like the design and am tempted to buy it, but I couldn't help but think to myself how ironic it was. When I needed it, they didn't have my size. Now that they have my size, I don't need it anymore.

Isn't this how life is? 'Murphy's Law' seems to apply to me a lot nowadays and it is begining to feel very much like a sick prank... Then of course, it made me sad/ moody and the rest of the evening was pretty much ruined by no one other than myself.

(So should I still get those shoes??)

No comments: