Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Countdown to Chloe's EDD --- 1 Day to go


Last night Mark wrote his card for Chloe. I have not written mine yet but will definitely do so later so that it'd be ready for Chloe by 14 Oct 2009, i.e. tomorrow. I saw two blotches of smudge on Mark's card, and asked him if he'd accidentally dripped his beer onto the card. When he looked up, it was then when I realised that the smudges were caused by his tears.

Honestly I don't know what I will write in Chloe's card because I have told her everything that I wanted to, and more, on this blog, But one thing that Mark and I agreed on is that we will each list 5 things that Chloe's taught us. I will share them tomorrow when I have finished writing my card. It shouldn't be hard cos I have learnt so many things about life from my 2 babies.

The other day I went back to the hospital to do an ultra-sound scan on my womb/uterus, ovaries, fallopian tubes... just a routine scan to make sure that I am 'normal' internally before I start trying to conceive. It was at the same clinic where I did my first trimester scan as well as the 20 weeks detailed scan for Chloe, so the place brought back so much memories. When the lab techinician was doing the scan, she showed me where my womb was and I couldn't help but think 'Oh.. it's so empty'. There was a baby happily growing in my womb the last time I saw it on an ultrasound scan.

My womb had carried 2 babies... one for 14 weeks and the other for 24 weeks. Sadly, it wasn't able to carry them to term but nonetheless, it had felt the beginings of 2 very precious lives and it was the 'home' of these 2 lives for the too short period they had on Earth. I hope my womb can have another chance at it again, but this time, I hope it'd be for long enough for my baby to grow and develop completely.




No comments: