Friday, November 20, 2009


OMG... I just found out that I have yet another person coming to Singapore next week!!! Feels like my own mini version of the APEC Summit...

Checklist:
  • This weekend - 1 from UK
  • Next week - 1 from KL, 1 from HKG
  • Next weekend - 1 from HKG
I think I need to go on a vacation after that... Oh yes, actually I am going for a short break to KL to visit Mark's sister and bro-in-law the week after. Hope that's the short break that I need. I just want to go away somewhere. Actually we had originally intended to go to Phuket because a friend owns a penthouse there and had been inviting us to go over for the longest time. Somehow, Mark decided he wanted to go to KL instead. We will 'save' Phuket for another time... perhaps during Chinese New Year.

I am not looking forward to Chinese New Year although it's 3 months away... so going away may be a good option. Guess I will get the same old question from distant relatives who do not know about my miscarriages., i.e. 'So when are you going to have a baby?'. I just wish I can bluntly tell them the truth and hope that it'd shut them up for good.

I am pretty sure Mark's Grandma will also subtedly drop hints like she did over the last 2 Chinese New Years. Bless her... all she really wants is a great-grandchild to bear the 'Lee' surname and I have disappointed the poor old lady twice. I think both times, she and Mark's aunties were so happy to hear that I was expecting... and both times, I have failed to complete my 'mission'. His Grandma had never once blamed me, but I can sense it through the little things she says and I can also see the disappointment in her eyes. I hope I won't disappoint her again for the third time.

1 comment:

Opy - the Original GruffPuppy said...

I think that the holiday that you really need is the DWB meetup in New York next July :)

Brooke
xo