Sunday, November 22, 2009

Chicken Soup...


Amanda's mom, A, had been 'chatting' with me via email the occasional email, and shared with me that she doesn't think she is as ready for motherhood as she had initially thought. I think she is struggling a little in coping with the new baby. I felt sorry for her but then there is nothing much that I can advise her on because I am not a mom... I can't say that I have 'been there, done that'. All I can say to A is that it'd all be worth it at the end of the day because everything she's doing is for Amanda.

I saw this Chicken Soup for the New Mom's Soul book at the bookshop on Fri, and thought I'd get it for her as a gift. When I saw this book, I couldn't help but wonder when I will ever be on the receiving end of this book? If ever...

Anyway, A had been very sweet... in one of her emails to me, she told me that ever since we started swopping pregnancy stories, she had already viewed Chloe as one of Amanda's very first friend. She said that she used to imagine Chloe and Amanda playing together by the pool, or playing with their little tea sets. She also told me that she is sure one day, Lucas and Chloe will send me their little sibling, and their little brother/ sister will become good friends with Amanda. I desperately hope that what she says will come true.

I told A that little Amanda will always be special to me because of her 'connection' with Chloe... The best part is that A actually said that Amanda would be 'honoured and lucky' to have a godmom like me!!! I am pretty excited about it... I hope that Amanda will always be a part of my life. I got some presents for Amanda for her first month celebration and buying those gifts was a bittersweet experience. I enjoyed looking at/ buying baby things for Amanda, but at the same time, it was a pretty sad time too because I wish I was also buying them for Chloe...

Mark and I are missing our little princess so much. I wonder if they have a version in the Chicken Soup series called Chicken Soup for the Heartbroken Mom's Soul...

No comments: