Monday, November 16, 2009

Heaven Knows



Yes, I guess only 'Heaven Knows' just how much I miss my babies. I had a dream 2 nights ago... In my dreams, I dreamt that I lost Chloe and it was all so real... I went through the all the motions and emotions of the faithful day that I lost her. The only problem was that it was not really a dream, I woke up from it with the sickening realization that I have also lost her in reality.

Last Sunday evening I was in the kitchen preparing dinner (salad) for Mark and myself, and Mark was taking a well-deserved rest on the couch after 2 solid hours of ironing, listening to music at the same time. My back was facing him and out of the blue, he came into the kitchen asking for a hug. I found it strange and hugely unusual because I am usually the one asking to be hugged. When I turned around and saw his face, I realized that he'd been crying. He told me that he was thinking of Chloe and missed her a lot.

Of course I stopped whatever I was doing and hugged him tightly. There we were, standing in the middle of the kitchen, hugging and crying at the same time for our little girl lost. She'd have been a month old. I hope Heaven lets Lucas and Chloe know just how much their parents love them.

No comments: