Monday, November 23, 2009

The Entertainer --- Part I


Mark and I went back to touch up our tattoos yesterday arvo. Can't believe it's been 3 months since I have had it done... I had almost forgotten the feeling of being tattooed on, and was a tiny bit worried initially. However, once the tattoo artist placed the equipment on my bare flesh and when I hear the familiar buzzing made by the machine, I felt strangely comforted. I actually LIKED the prickly, ticklish sensation. The session only took less than an hour since it was only touching-up. I was secretly hoping that it'd take longer...

It still feels a little sore today, especially when the waistband of my shorts chafe against the naked skin. I actually like feeling the soreness because it feels like Lucas and Chloe are gently reminding me of their presence. Oh yes, and no swimming for me for the next 3 weeks, just as well cos it's been raining non-stop anyway.

After the session, we took a short walk around town while waiting for time to pass... We were supposed to pick my UK friend from his hotel at 5pm, followed by dinner and drinks... took him for chicken rice at this old restaurant at Purvis Street since he said he was game for something local. We adjourned to the Long Bar at Raffles Hotel for drinks cos he wanted to try the Singapore Sling. 3 drinks at the Long Bar costs more than the dinner for 3!!

I guess last evening went fairly well, at least from my point of view. I just dread to have to 'entertain' even on weekends because I find it tiring to have to put on my 'happy face'. Moreover these people whom I'll be meeting are not even that close to me... some I'll probably not even meet again. For 5 days a week, I have to put up a 'normal' front for my colleagues and clients... so Saturdays and Sundays are the only days I can really be myself. I am really dragging my feet over the next 3 sessions of entertaining...

I present to you --- The Entertainer!

No comments: