Thursday, June 30, 2011



Mark gave me yet another surprise about a week ago with a pair of tickets to the Kylie Minogue 'Aphrodite' concert. Frankly, I am NOT a Kylie fan... have never been. I don't dislike her whatsoever, but to me, she's just another singer. Although Mark claims that he bought it for me, I think secretly he is the one with the 'Kylie crush'.

It was a 1 day only event which fell on a weekday, i.e. yesterday. We reached the concert venue early to beat the crowd... initially I didn't expect there'd be many people since it was mid-week, but boy was I wrong!! It was full house!! There was a large Caucasian crowd and majority were Australians (could tell from their accent).

Overall the slightly over 2 hour concert was fun and full of energy. It's amazing how petite and puny Kylie is, and yet she is a whole bundle of energy. Oh yes, and she's got a really cute and pert derrière (I am jealous). The audience was on their feet for most part of the concert dancing to the music... Honestly, I did feel rather out of place there. It's like a pregnant woman should be at home resting and watching TV rather than attend a pop concert with (very) loud music and people all around her dancing and gyrating to the music. I was at one stage pretty worried about poor little bun's developing eardrums, though of course the amniotic fluid should be a good sound barrier. (Hmmm, if all goes well with little bun, we can one day tell him/her that "Hey, did you know that you attended Kylie Minogue's concert when you were still in mummy's belly?') Anyway, Mark and I did spot a number of pregnant women around us in the crowd who all seemed to be having a blast.

********************************************************************

The call that I have been waiting for from Dr Anu finally came this morning. It had been bothering me and had been the niggling voice at the back of my mind ever since Tueday evening. I am clear!! I don't have any infection!! Yipeeee..... haaaaaaa.... I can finally beathe a sigh of relief. Thank you God, for guiding us through another little hurdle!

No comments: