Thursday, June 16, 2011


Continuation of my last appointment with Dr Anu on Tuesday...

Midway through the consultation, Dr Anu advised me that she'd be going away for 2 WHOLE WEEKS in July. **Gasp of horror** Of course she is totally entitled to a vacation with her family, but this information sent my head into a major spin... OMG!! What am I going to do without her??! What should I do during those 2 weeks??! What if something happens?? (knocking on wood) **Hyperventilating** How, how, how??!!!!!! **Hysteria**

I suppose Dr Anu noticed my dilated pupils, ashen complexion and wild eyed look of horror (LOL!!) when she broke the news, so she assured me that her colleague will be looking after me for the duration while she's on vacation. This colleague of hers also specializes in high-risk obstetrics and she'd fully brief her on me and my background beforehand. I still can't say that I am fully comfortable/ convinced about it, but there isn't anything I can do. My darling husband suggested that if Dr Anu doesn't mind, maybe I can tag along with her on her vacation... Ummm.. I really doubt she or her family would like the idea of it, seriously.

Actually Dr Anu did ask if there is any other doctor in particular whom I'd like to see during those 2 weeks, and Dr T immediately came to mind!! It'd give me a legitimate excuse to see/ talk to him!! When I discussed this with Mark, I realized that there's a potential 'problem'. On top of all my medical problems now, I'd most likely have a new addition to the list... i.e. high blood pressure!! The last time I saw Dr T (as his patient) was about 1.5 years ago. When he was taking my blood pressure, my heart was beating so fast that it caused my pressure to sky rocket. I am fairly certain the same thing will happen again and he'd most likely send me off for more checks. Well, I still have 2 more weeks before I have to advise Dr Anu of my decision...

No comments: