Monday, June 27, 2011


It is going to be a loooong, loooong day for me tomorrow. I will be spending the entire day in the hospital because I have got 5
appointments lined up. Not sure why all my doctors only do Tuesday clinics. The bill for tomorrow will most certainly be a shocker too with IVIG and the 3 consultations.
  1. 9am - Appointment with haematologist
  2. 10.20am - Appointment at Diabetic Clinic
  3. After the above 2 appointments are over and done with, it'd be followed by IVIG for 4-5 hours
  4. 4pm - Appointment at Fetal Care Clinic for scan
  5. 5pm - Appointment with Dr Anu

I am rather excited that I will be 'seeing' little bun during the scan tomorrow... it'd be somewhat different from the previous scans that I did because this one will be more thorough and the sonographer will examine little bun's organs and take measurements, check his/her spine, heart chambers, gender, etc. The location of the placenta in the uterus will also be checked (I already know from previous scans that mine is implanted at the back wall (posterior) of my uterus.

This will bring back memories of the time when I did a similar scan while expecting Chloe. I recall that it was a very special time for me then because both Mark and my mom accompanied me for the scan, and it was my mom's first 'meeting' with her grandchild. It was also the time when we knew that we were having a baby girl. Bittersweet memories.

Crossing my fingers that little bun's scan will indicate that everything is alright and that I don't have too much (or too little) amniotic fluid.

1 comment:

GirlGirl said...

good luck with little bun! i could be wrong but i was thinking maybe lucas or chloe will be reincarnated in future babies that you and mark have. you mark and little bun are in my prayers!