Monday, June 6, 2011


My glucose reading yesterday was appallingly high. It didn't really come as a total surprise to be as I wasn't really watching what I eat. Since it was a Sunday, Mark and I usually eat out, and it is a lot harder to watch my diet when I am eating out as opposed to when I am at home and can closely control my diet.

Oh yes, a sizeable part of my left molar chipped off yesterday while I was eating cornflakes. However, I don't think it was the cornflakes that caused it... it probably was already damaged cos I have been eating a fair bit of almonds lately (I read somewhere that almonds are good for a baby's developing brain, hence have been snacking on them). The cornflakes possibly are just the straw that broke the camel's back. The left side of my tongue is a bit raw because it keeps rubbing against the sharp, newly chipped edge.

I find it rather coincidental that I always encounter dental issues while I am pregnant! While I was pregnant with Lucas and Chloe, I had to make emergency dashes to the dentist both times because the toothaches (molars on different sides) were killing me. This time, I am quite determined put up with whatever discomfort and NOT go to the dentist... hopefully I can break the 'trend' and have a better outcome to this pregnancy. I am also wondering if this is a sign of my lack of calcium since I hardly drink milk. Hmmmm....

No comments: