Monday, June 20, 2011


For the past fortnight, I have been basking in a wondrous feeling... It is the feeling of a life moving inside my belly; the feeling of little bun moving about!! Being able to feel the movement of my baby (medically referred to as 'quickening'), is one of the most amazing, exciting and memorable time for me. I LOVE that feeling.. Initially, it started out so very gently that I was unsure if it was simply gas in my stomach or a figment of my imagination. As time passes, the movement is more pronounced and frequent. Usually I feel it most when I am lying on my back. During the time I was expecting Chloe, I used to refer to it as 'butterfly kisses'.

As Mark and I were lying in bed watching a movie last night, little bun was being quite active. Hence I took Mark's hand and laid it over my lower belly to see if he could also be a part of the action. Mark was rather reluctant initially because he was concerned that he'd somehow 'injure' little bun by placing pressure on my belly. It took some convincing and after waiting for a while, he was able to feel a movement too!! However, I think he was more scared than amazed. He was worried that he'd hurt little bun or that little bun would hurt himself/ herself by moving around too much (??).

Actually Mark hasn't given me a proper hug in quite a while because he doesn't want to press against my belly (??). No amount of convincing or cajoling on my part could convince him otherwise. I guess after all the mental and emotional trauma that I have put him through in the past, he just wants to wrap little bun and I in cotton wool... I love to see this protective side of him (but it can be rather frustrating sometimes, like when he refused to touch my belly).

I am going to savour and treasure every moment of this special time between little bun and I. Every moment is a blessing, every movement is a joy.

1 comment:

Patty said...

I remember finding your blog couple months after I lost my daughter. I lost mine 10-9-09. I still remember how much you were yearning for your babies. I don't know how I found yours again but I am so happy to read of your current pregnancy. Hoping everything will go smoothly for you and your rainbow baby.