Friday, June 3, 2011


Yesterday's post breakfast reading was atrocious... The pre breakfast reading was 5.2, which is within range (4.4 to 5.5), but the reading that was taken 2 hours later was a horrendous 8.5 (should be below 6.6)!! All I had was 2 slices of wholemeal bread (1 unit of carb per slice) with a newly purchased jar unsweetened jam and 5 small grapes (half a unit). I bought the jam specially so that I can have it with toast for breakfast, and I was rather impressed with myself cos I managed to find an 'unsweetened' one. Now I am wondering if the jam was the culprit... although the label states 'unsweetened', it should still contain sugar since it is a fruit (blueberry) jam right? Duh! (Sometimes I am so 'bright' that I end up blinding myself.)

I am giving myself and my over-pricked fingers a break today, though I will still watch (with one eye closed) what I eat.

No comments: