Monday, June 13, 2011


Finally got to satisfy my week long craving for Sour Sally Frozen Yogurt yesterday morning. I am well aware that I have to watch my sugar intake, but naively assumed that yogurt should be ok and a healthier choice compared to ice-cream. Obviously I was wrong. Very wrong.

I took my glucose reading after I devoured the entire 'Medium' serve of my favourite yogurt and it shocked the hell out of me as it was at an all time high... Actually it was by far the highest reading I have recorded ever since I started tracking my blood glucose level 2 weeks ago.

I don't think Mark will permit me to eat it again for a reeeeeeally looooong time, but for the sake of little bun, it's definitely worth it. It is just trying to adapt and get used to my new diet (i.e. brown rice, wholemeal bread, replacing carb with white meat, etc) that is a bit painful. Sometimes it is easy to forget and eat something that is 'unapproved'. Mark has been nagging/ reminding me no end to watch what I eat. Well, at least my yogurt was good while it lasted...

No comments: