Saturday, June 4, 2011


When I saw Dr Anu 2 weeks ago, she added a new medication for me. It was a progesterone pill which I was supposed to insert vaginally. Progesterone is a primary hormone that is crucial for the maintenance of all pregnancies, and one can either take the pill orally and/or insert it vaginally. I do both on a daily basis.

Last night, I gave myself a big scare in the middle of the night. The pills that are meant for insertion are to be done at night (I guess movement is less since I'd be lying down and it enables the drug to flow up the uterus rather than out of the body). Well, I don't think I inserted the 2 pills deep enough so there was a 'backflow' and in the small hours of the morning, I felt a familiar trickling feeling. I am especially in tune and alert to this feeling (for all the wrong reasons) because that was how it felt when Chloe's waterbag broke! I lept out of bed and ran to the toilet, fearing the worst.

After a frightful few minutes in the toilet, I remembered about the 2 pills and it dawned on me then that it could've been them causing the 'leak'. I went back to bed, but for the following 2 hours, I laid there with my eyes wide open and mentally alert to any wetness/ leaky feeling. I also lost count of the number of times I went back to the toilet to 'check and make sure'.

Throughout all of this, Mark remained blissfully sound asleep beside me cos he had a work function the night before and drank a fair bit. I am sure if he had known, it'd have freaked him out big time cos until this day, he still tells me how clearly he remembers the time when I was expecting Chloe and I woke him up to tell him that my waterbag broke. That incident have somewhat 'traumatised' him to a large extent.

I really hope I'd never, ever have this feeling again... at least not for the next 4 months. I really want this pregnancy to go well and smoothly. I want this baby so badly.

No comments: