Wednesday, June 8, 2011


Little bun was very active yesterday afternoon. He/ she was wriggling about and kept changing positions when Dr Anu was trying to take some measurements. It took Dr Anu a while before she managed to get all the measurements that she wanted, which was fine with me cos I got to see little bun for a while longer! Little bun's development is on track so far, and my cervical scan showed that the condition of my cervix is still looking good. There are no signs of shortening and/or funneling.

There was a memorable moment for me yeaterday while we were doing the cervical scan. The sonographer was trying to show us little bun, and the position that we found him/her in was a position very familiar to me. Little bun had one arm stretched and raised above his/her head, somwhat like 'Superman-in-flight'. In many of Mark's toddler photos (which his mom showed to me), he was always in the same one arm raised Superman-in-flight position and I am always teasing him about it (I am also guessing that my husband's favourite childhood hero must have been Clark Kent).

This again brings back memories of the time we saw Chloe on the scan and she was suckling on her thumb. It was so 'me' because when I was little, I sucked on my right thumb to put myself to sleep until I went to primary school (I even have a scar on my thumb to prove this), and my mom used to threaten me that my classmates would laugh at me if they found out. Bittersweet memories of my little princess...

No comments: