Friday, July 1, 2011

Goodbye June... Hello July


Goodbyeeeee June... Helloooo July!!!

Mark and I (and even Dr Anu) have been walking on eggshells for all of the 30 days in June cos based on our track record, June is not the best time of the year for us. Thankfully, we have been very blessed and the month of June 2011 was smooth and uneventful. With that said, of course this does not mean that we can be complacent cos we are fully aware that anything can happen at anytime, especially when we least expect it.

I have actually subconsciously segmented this pregnancy into portions of 'hurdles to pass'... e.g. the first hurdle will be to locate the heartbeat and know that there is indeed a live foetus inside my womb AND implanted at the correct place/ to sail through the 1st trimester and proceed into the 2nd trimester/ to pass the OSCAR screening/ to be able to pass 14 weeks (the stage of pregnancy where I lost Lucas)/ to 'survive' the month of June 2011/ to pass the 20 weeks detailed screening/ to progress into the 3rd trimester/ to pass 24 weeks (the stage of pregnancy where I lost Chloe)/ to reach at least 28 to 30 weeks (the stage of pregnancy where little bun will have a good chance of survival outside of my womb/ to pass the 32 weeks screen/ etc... (I have learnt not to count my chickens before they are hatched, so I stopped planning too far ahead).

I hope July will be as smooth and as non-eventful as June. ***crossing fingers***

No comments: