Wednesday, December 23, 2009

W.H.Y


Last evening, I received an email from a friend whom I got to know through work. We met sometime last month to discuss work and also catch up for a drink, and while chatting, we started talking about our personal lives.
I told her about my miscarriages because I 'disappeared' from work for a good 3 months after I lost Chloe, and I felt that I had nothing to be ashamed about or to hide. She then shared with me that she'd been trying to conceive for a while and would be seeing a TCM doc the following day. She kindly shared with me the TCM contact cos it is very near to where I live.

In the email she sent me last evening, she told me she found out she was pregnant a day after her wedding anniversary, but she miscarried last Friday... just 8 days after finding out the good news. The poor girl is still trying to come to terms with the loss and I felt truly sorry for her that I had to stop myself from crying (I was visiting uncle in the hospital).

Then while I was waiting for Mark to pick me up from the hospital, I was browsing through the Chinese newspapers and came across this article where this 19 year old girl gave birth to a baby boy last year with her 24 year old boyfriend, and she gave the baby up for adoption because the boyfriend didn't want to marry her or take responsibility of the baby. This year, she got back with that same man and he got her pregnant yet again (geez, she must be really fertile... and may I say, stupid). She delivered the 2nd baby boy last month and is contemplating whether she'd be keeping him.

WHY is life so unfair?? WHY is it that people who do not want their babies get them so easily??? WHY is it that people who really want a baby have to go thorugh so much heartache and pain? WHY??!

No comments: