Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Amanda's Mummy...


Amanda's mummy, Ashley, had been warded in hospital since Friday and I went to visit her yesterday. She was suffering from a 'mysterious' ailment that came on rather suddenly and the doctors didn't seem to know what was the cause of it despite thorough checks. I felt so sorry for her because going through the physical pain is one thing, but the bigger worry is not knowing what triggered it. It's like me not knowing the cause of my miscarriages until today... **sigh**

Anyway, it was our first meeting and I have to admit that it's kinda weird meeting someone for the first time in a hospital!! Ashley is really nice; very chatty and sincere and we ended up talking non-stop for 2 hours about Amanda, Chloe, my fertility plans, her job, our dogs, 'higher powers', etc... I was a little worried initially that it'd be an awkward situation since we have only been exchanging smses and I haven't met or even spoken to her before, but fortunately it turned out quite well and it was a nice meeting. I do hope I'd get to meet her (and my god-daughter, Amanda!!) when she's discharged from hospital and feeling better.

While I was there, Ashley's in-laws dropped in as well and her mom-in-law asked me if I was married and whether I have kids. The first question is easy enough, but I balked briefly at the second one. Ashley then whispered to me that in such situations, I should say 'soon', rather than 'no' or 'not yet'. It is an old wives' belief that her aunt taught her and I think I like the idea of it cos it feels 'positive'. I have decided that this will be my standard answer if I ever get asked this question again.

I really hope that Ashley recovers soon cos I am sure she's missing her baby and Amanda's also missing her mummy. I think I can understand how painful the feeling of missing someone can be because on a daily basis, I am missing my Lucas and Chloe.


'Missing you could turn from pain to pleasure,
if I knew you were missing me too'...

No comments: