Wednesday, December 30, 2009


I met with the friend who recently miscarried yesterday arvo... While she was sharing with me her ordeal, I felt as though I was going through the miscarriage all over again, all the pain, the heartache, the tears, the anger, the fear... She is going through all the rollercoaster ride of emotions that I went through and I am glad I can be there to share my experience with her and let her know that how she is feeling is completely normal.

When I miscarried Lucas, there was simply no one I could talk to who understood and I felt so alone and helpless. The (very expensive) hospital that I went to also did not offer any support or counselling after my miscarriage, and I honestly didn't know that such help was available. All my friends were able to conceive without too much fuss and have normal pregnancies, so I felt like I was a 'freak of nature' (actually I still feel this way now ).

Well, I hope to be able to do all I possibly can for this friend to tide her over this difficult period. I can't say that I know how she feels 100% because everyone goes through and manages grief differently, but I hope I can at least offer her a listening ear.

Before we parted ways, she told me she'll also pray for me and for my dream to come true (she is a staunch Christian). I thought was really sweet.

No comments: