Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Today --- 09 Dec 2009


Today should have been a very happy day…
Today should have been a day filled with joyous laughter…
Today we should have had a party at our house…
Today should have been a day filled with cookies, candies, party hats, colorful party banners and a birthday cake…
Today, a little boy should have been surrounded by all his loved ones and wrapped around the love of his parents (and his parents firmly wrapped around his little finger).
Today, a little boy should have been gleefully ripping apart the packages of his presents.
Today, a little boy should be hearing the ‘Happy Birthday’ song sang to him for the very first time.
Today, a little boy should be blowing out the single candle on his birthday cake.
Today, my baby boy Lucas should have turned 1 year old.


Instead of all the above, what do we have here today?

We have a dreadfully quiet house.
We have nothing to celebrate.
There is no ‘Happy Birthday’ to sing.
There is a mother typing away on her laptop with tears streaming down her face, her eyes puffy from crying and her heart hurting like crazy.

**************************************************

To my beloved little boy, Lucas -

Happy 1st Birthday to you, Sweetheart.
I can't believe how quickly time flies,
And I can't imagine how I managed to get here without you by my side.
I want you to know that you are never far from my mind,
And I think about you and Chloe all the time.
I hope you are happy in Heaven,
And I hope you are thinking of me and missing me too.
Please know that Daddy and Mummy love you so,
And please believe that we'll be reunited sometime soon.

H
appy Birthday, Lucas...


With all my love,
Mummy

1 comment:

Opy - the Original GruffPuppy said...

Happy Birthday baby Lucas - we are thinking about your sweet mama and daddy today.

I am sure you can feel just how much they both love you.

Brooke