Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Incomplete Puzzle


I went to a shopping mall yesterday with the intention of having a meal and doing some window shopping, but I left right after my meal because all the festive decorations and Christmas songs were making me depressed for some strange reason. There is so much happiness and merriment all around... and it makes me feel so alone in the sea of happy faces of shoppers doing their Christmas shopping. I stand out like a sore thumb because I feel no happiness or joy inside of me... instead, what I feel is loneliness and a sense of hollowness, like a big piece is missing from the jigsaw of my life. The only problem is I do not know where I can find the missing piece to make me whole again.
While most people are joyously counting down to the Christmas and New Year celebrations, I find myself asking for the 2nd consecutive Christmas/ New Year - 'What is there for me to be happy about?'.

No comments: