Thursday, December 10, 2009

Lucas's 1st Birthday (The Day After...)


This is the little bear that I got for Lucas as his 1st Birthday gift. I wanted to get a bigger one, but considering the size of his Treasure Chest, a bigger bear will take up most of the remaining space that's left. So I had to be practical and settled for this little one. I have always liked the bears from the 'Tatty Teddy' series and when Mark and I first started dating, all the cards that I gave him were from this series (I had no choice but to get other cards when they ran out of new designs that I haven't already bought!!).

At that time, the bear wasn't grey... it was brown with colorful 'patchework' and it somehow morphed into this current version through the years. Since this bear has a special significance in our relationship, and I thought it'd be nice to get something from this range for Lucas (and Chloe) since they are part of us. I saw some cute little ones wearing Santa's hat too... I may get that for my babies for Christmas. I realize that I am still pretty crazy about this bear after all these years... cannot resist that sad, forlorn look!!

I also wrote a birthday card to Lucas, and I hope he gets my message... I couldn't hold back the tears came as I was writing, and some of it accidentally dripped onto the card, resulting in the blotches...


I didn't leave Chloe out, so she's also got her own Tatty Teddy as well... Her teddy wears a pink T-shirt with the words 'Hugs and Kisses'. Thought it was quite apt because I am fond of signing off letters/emails with 'hugs and kisses' or simply 'XOXO'.


I hope my Angels like their little bears... (and I can't wait to get them their Christmas presents next).

No comments: