Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Back to Reality...


My vacation was over before I know it... The weekend just flew by and I enjoyed it more than I had initially expected. I guess that's partly because:

  • There is no Hershey there to wind me up and I can sleep in peace and wake up anytime I want!

  • We made a last minute decision to check into Hilton Kuala Lumpur for 2 nights... I called my contacts at Hilton to pull some strings and he got us upgraded to the Executive Club floor. It came with a nice room (definitely not the most luxurious room I have stayed in, but was not too bad); there was all-day light refreshments available at the Club Lounge; free flow of wine/ beer every evening from 6-8pm; complimentary laundry (4 pieces daily) which meant that I don't have to wash/ iron so much clothes when I return (this is a B.I.G plus!!)

  • I got to soak in the 'plus size' bath-tub... our bath-tub at home is too small and doesn't allow me to fully stretch out.

Mark had a craving for durians, so his sis and bro-in-law took us out for a durian feast. Sadly, as it is not durian season now, the durians we had were not finger-licking good. They were kind of bland and lacked that strong, pungent taste. The last good durian I had was when I was expecting Chloe... I think I had a durian overdose, and it was so 'heaty' that I had nosebleeds on 2 occasions. LOL!! I am glad Chloe got to try out some durians though... I hope she likes them as much as I do.

Anyway, it is back to reality again... I am already looking forward to the next short break.. hopefully it'd be to Phuket!



No comments: