Friday, September 18, 2009

Home Alone --- Day 5


Mark will be coming home tonight... cannot believe I survived 5 whole days of being on my own (ok plus Hershey too) without killing myself.. LOL!! Interestingly, although I had a terrible 'down' day on Wednesday, I pretty much enjoyed this 'sabbatical' of being on my own. Friends did call/send me SMSes a couple of times daily (I guess to make sure I am still alive??) to check on me... which I really appreciate.

I was in the office whole day yesterday for a major client meeting... didn't realise I was so stressed up about it cos when it was over, I felt as if a gigantic rock had been lifted off my shoulders... and I suddenly felt exhausted! It's probably cos I have been preparing for it for so long. As a matter of fact, I have already started preparing for this review when Chloe was still happily growing in my tummy. Who'd have known that 3 months later, the meeting goes on and Chloe's already gone. Such is life... whatever happens, the world continues on...

I had mentally prepared myself before I went into the office... yes, to prepare myself to see my other pregnant colleagues, whohad babies that were all due around the same time Chloe was. Offhand I could recall at least 3 of them who are due around mid-Oct to Nov.. Then I walked past the work station of a girl who worked under me... guess what. She's pregnant. She was happily stretching and rubbing her tummy... something that I used to do A LOT when I had Chloe. OMG.. if I wasn't more disciplined/ composed, I'd have brawled on the spot. I missed Chloe so so so very much. I felt a sense of foreboding, panic, breathlessness and immediately fled the scene so that I don't make a complete fool out of myself.

Help...

No comments: