Saturday, September 19, 2009

"Hello" and 'Goodbye"


A Lament for my Babies


I never got to hear you laugh
You never saw me cry
I didnt get a chance to say "Hello"
You never got the chance to say "Goodbye"

I never knew God chose his Angels
Even before they were born
Your lives were short yet special
I shared it all exclusively
I saw you growing inside me, I saw you sucking on your thumb
I felt you when you moved, I felt you when you kicked

Every baby is an Angel
And every angel is divine
God needed angels in heaven
He came down and took 2 of mine

Although we are not together
We are not really apart
For you will always occupy a space
deep within my heart

Time has not wiped my tears
Time has not eased my pain
When I wish I could have said "Hello"
And never have to say "Goodbye"

No comments: