Thursday, July 21, 2011

Where flowers bloom so does hope...



I could hardly believe my eyes when I saw the flowers blooming from my barely alive potted palm!! We bought this plant when we first moved in 3 years ago. At that time, the plant , a yellow palm, was robust looking and over 2 metres tall. Through the years, it's been reduced to only half its height and most of the leaves have been 'fried' by the direct sunlight that shines onto the balcony of my master-bedroom every morning.

Although I have been dutifully watering it daily, its condition hasn't improved much, but neither has it deteriorated... hence I didn't have any excuse to dump it since it was still surviving. What a pleasant surprise it gave me the other morning when I saw the small, purple-hued blooms! (Actually I didn't even know that these type of plants can have flowers...) The blooms have been there for over a week already and it cheers me up everytime I look out my bedroom.. the pretty speckle of purple nestling amongst the greens (and browns).

I have never had much success with plants.. I didn't inherited my mom's green fingers unfortunately. This tiny blossom is my first 'success' ever. Hope that it is a good sign of the things to come.


"Where flowers bloom so does hope"

No comments: