Tuesday, July 26, 2011

IVIG (#5)


I just got home after my IVIG session #5... I am afraid I don't quite understand how one can feel so worn out just by lying there for over 4 hours, but yes, it does happen and it is happening to me. Feel like I have just completed a marathon... possibly a triathalon even.

They 'stole' 5 big vials of my blood today prior to the infusion and if the results of the blood work is good, then this could very well be my fifth and final IVIG!! Hip Hip Hooraaaay.... I am trying to keep my happiness in check before I allow myself to do the happy dance cos it all still depends on how the my blood test results turn out. It'd be REALLY great if this is indeed my last IVIG infusion... Frankly, the monthly bill that I have chalked up on this treatment is astronomical.

I may have been worried that I am not gaining much weight, but I just realized that this is a 'blessing in disguise' in some way cos the cost of each IVIG dosage is dependent on my weight, i.e. the more weight I put on, the more medication is required, hence the higher the cost. Since the amount of weight I put on thus far isn't much, the cost of each infusion had remained fairly much the same from start.



No comments: