Wednesday, July 20, 2011


We finally broke THE news to my parents on Mark's birthday. It was unplanned... I received an SMS from my mom in the morning asking if I was alright and why haven't I gone home for such a long time. I felt bad for making her worry and for having kept something so important from them. After discussing with Mark, we decided to pop over to my parents place to break the news to them because we have run out of excuses and my little bump is becoming rather obvious.

Mark left me to the task while he 'escaped' to another corner of the house (Thanks, honey!).

I think my mom had been suspecting all these while, so she wasn't overly surprised when I told her 'Ma, I'm pregnant'. Her first reaction was a grin, followed by 'Why don't you tell me only when you are due?'. Then it was followed by a torrent of questions - 'How many weeks?', 'When is the baby due?', 'Do you know the gender?', 'Are your checkups ok?', etc. The interrogation session was then followed by a list of 'Do's and Don'ts' i.e. Do drink more milk, do rest more, do eat more nutritious food, do not lift heavy things, do not walk/ go out too much, etc... Admittedly, it feels good to be fussed over! I was grilled for quite a while and I am still getting questions via SMS!!

I can't hope and pray enough that I will not disappoint my parents this time... I have already given them false hopes the past 3 times so I really hope this time will the time where they get to hold their first grandchild. It's really about time that I stop disappointing my parents and bring some much needed and long awaited joy into their lives.

No comments: