Thursday, May 12, 2011

Praying for Uneventful Days


My last appointment (on Tue) with Dr Anu and little bun went well. So far things are progressing right on track and I hope it remains this way for at least the next 4 to 5 months. For once, I'd love to have an uneventful pregnancy without any of the 'dramas' of my earlier pregnancies. I have enough dramatic pregnancies to last me for this lifetime, and possibly even the next.

My cervical length is still looking good at the moment and there are no signs of funneling (Thank you, God!!). The results of the swab that Dr Anu did during my previous appointment last week was good too... i.e. no signs infection. This swab test is specially requested by Mark... he told Dr Anu of our concerns that an unknown and undetected infection could have caused my waterbag to break the past 2 times, hence he proposed to Dr Anu to periodically run the swab tests for me to ensure that there are no signs of infection. Even if there is any (**knock on wood**), it can be detected in time and antibiotics and be dispensed before any harm is done.

I think I have reached this 'immune' stage whereby I don't really care what they do to me/ for me... my body is a vessel to deliver my baby safely into this world. They can stick as many needles, run as many tests and/ or probe me as often as they wish, as long as it is for the well-being of my baby. However, the sad fact is that all these tests doesn't guarantee me a healthy, full term baby. The outcome is still a big unknown...

For now, all that Mark and I can do is to give be grateful and give thanks for every single uneventful day that goes by. Keeping the faith and praying hard for more uneventful days (and nights) ahead.

No comments: