Tuesday, May 10, 2011


My Sciatica story continues to unfold... hopefully I'll be sharing the 'last episode' soon cos I think I have quite enough of it. The pain on Friday night was so freaking bad that I took painkillers. Usually I try to refrain from popping any drugs during pregnancy, including over the counter painkillers, unless they are beneficial to the baby, e.g. folic acid and duphaston (a hormone pill that maintains progesterone level). Despite the massages by my mom during the day and by Mark in the night, nothing seem to be stopping the pain. Mark even prepared a big bucket of (really) hot water for me to soak my foot in. It did help a bit initially but wore off after a while.


The pain was was so bad that I couldn't sleep... Well, actually I did manage to doze off around 2.30am, but Miss Hershey decided to jump onto the bed at around 3am and she had to land on my painful leg. At around 4.30am, I managed to doze off and yet again, no less than 15min later, Hershey did it again!!!!

The worst part is I had to hobble my way to the polling station on Saturday. I had to go in alone because Mark didn't have to vote (since he isn't Singaporean). I went to buy an ankle guard and it did help a little... the only problem is that now it has caused my skin to be itchy... REALLY, REALLY itchy.


After enduring the pain for over 3 days, it finally subsided somewhat yesterday afternoon. Hmm.. actually I am not certain if the pain subsided or if I have already become accustomed to it. I will definitely speak to Dr Anu about it when I see her later. Oh and the strange numbness has also spread from my toe to slightly further up the foot and part of the calf.

I will be off to get my cervix measured and I hope to see my thriving little bun in 3 hours' time... Praying hard for good results.

No comments: