Thursday, May 5, 2011


Right. I have learnt something new. Apparently sciatica can also be caused by pregnancy. Sciatica in pregnancy is rather common and although not serious, it can caused a lot of discomfort (this I can attest to!!). I am still not convinced that my sciatica is caused by the pregnancy cos I have not put on that much weight (yet). So far, I think my weight gain is bodering around 2kg... Of all my pregnancies, I think I have the least weight gain this time.

Before going to bed last night, I gave Mark my very best Puss in Boots impersonation from Shrek... basically I wanted him to use the deep heat muscle relaxant balm to massage my whole left leg, from calf to thigh. Mark dislikes getting any kind of medicated balm/lotion/cream (you name it) on his hands. Thankfully he obliged, albeit with a pout and some deep sighs which I decided to ignore. All was going well UNTIL he came to my thigh and he commented with much gusto "Whoa darling, your thigh is really big". Hmmmph. I think his strategy worked... I do have second thoughts about asking him to massage my leg tonight.

SCORE: Mark = 1 , Shane = 0


No comments: