Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day 2011


Today is yet another Mother's Day... So far, two Mother's Day have come and gone (in 2008 and in 2009) where I thought to myself "Yayyyy... next year I will be a real honest to goodness 'mother' where I will be celebrating this day with my child". Unfortunately, I counted my eggs before they hatched. My happiness and elation did not pay off both years.

Since last year, I have sort of 'surrendered' to the hands of fate and my destiny. This Mother's Day, I just want it to be a day for me to appreciate my mom and all that she had done for me and the family. Admittedly, I/ we take her and the things she does for granted and frequently take her words of concern for incessant nagging.

On Friday afternoon, I noticed that the pain in my leg was getting worse by the minute and 2 of my toes were numb. It was so bad that I could not sit or lie down without feeling a searing pain. As Mark was at work, I messaged my mom and told her about it. What I didn't know was that she was halfway through perming/ coloring her hair at that time. When she knew of my problem, she told the hairdresser to expedite the process and skip the coloring for another time. She was with me within an hour and spent a very long time massaging my foot, calf, thigh and lower back until I felt better. Mom stayed with me until Mark got home from work. Even after she got home, she kept messaging me to check on my condition.

I feel very guilty for making her rush around and more importantly for making her worry about me. From her, I can see and feel what a mother's love is all about. When I was younger, these are the things which I always took for granted. I might still be taking the things that she does for granted if I hadn't lost my Angels. They taught me to appreciate and treasure my mom... something that I certainly haven't done before. My Angels opened my eyes to what 'unconditional love' is all about. Mark loves me a whole lot, but I don't think his love for me will ever be as 'unconditional' as my mom's love for me.




HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY, Mummy
... With all my love today and always.



(this is one of my fav photos of my mom and it was taken on my wedding day.)

1 comment:

Opy - the Original GruffPuppy said...

Your mum is beautiful Shane - I can see where you get your looks from !

Brooke
xo