Thursday, May 19, 2011


Amanda's mommy texted me this morning to tell me about a programme at noon on Channel News Asia about fertility and pregnancy. I watched it of course... the programme covers 3 real life accounts of couples who faced various challenges with fertility. The thing to note is at the end of the day, all 3 couples were blessed with their own healthy bundle of joy. I hope that like them, Mark and I will have my own bundle of joy and happy ending to share with the world at the end of the day. I cried through most part of the 30min programme because I really empathise with these couples, i.e. how they went through the roller coaster of emotions during their fertility sessions, and then I am green with envy when these couples successfully conceive and deliver healthy babies. The words that each of these couples use to describe their respective 'gifts' are the same - 'Grateful' and 'Blessed'.

I have always wondered, and I am still wondering why is my road to motherhood fraught with so many obstacles? Why can't I just be a normal female who can fall pregnant easily, and then have a smooth pregnancy which would result in a brawling baby at the end of 40 weeks? What makes me so 'special' and 'different' from other women? What exactly is wrong with me?

No comments: