Saturday, May 21, 2011


According to the scans done yesterday, little bun is now slightly over 10cm long; and according to what I have read on the internet, his/ her weight is around that of an apple. When the sonographer was measuring the length of my cervice, she froze the screen and with a giggle, pointed out to me "Hey, look, your baby is stretching its legs!!". When I looked at the screen, I saw a distinctive little outstretched leg pressing against the wall of the amniotic sac. She printed it out and gave it to me as keepsake.


It seems that somewhere in that grey and black image is my bladder (which was rather full) and also my cervix. I could make out the black blob which is my bladder, but couldn't figure out where the cervix is (??!!). Anyway, Dr Anu told me that my cervical length is around 4cm and shows no signs of funneling, so all is good for now.

The only thing that is of concern is that my sugar levels seem high from the urine test taken. To be on the safe side, Dr Anu ordered a round of tests for me next Friday... I'd need to fast for 8 hours prior to the test. Just hope it is a false alarm cos I really do not need any extra problems added on. Other than this, Dr Anu prescribed 'as much rest as possible' from now on and ordered that there should be 'no more extended shopping trips'. I assured her that with the pain and numbness in my left leg, any long periods of walking/ standing is almost impossible.

I was so totally relieved after seeing that all is well with little bun... It is the best way to start off the weekend.





No comments: