Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Daddy's Princess


Mark told me that this morning while he was in the office, he plugged his earphones into his computer and listened to music on his iTunes while he worked. There is nothing unusal about it since it's something that he does daily. Actually I wasn't aware that he has this habit of listening to songs while working. We can be so different sometimes cos I simply cannot tolerate listening to music while I am working/ studying cos I find it to be highly distracting. Moreover, his choice of songs are in my opinion, totally unsuitable for the work environment.

Anyway, he came across this 'song' that he'd never come across before previously and it totally caught him by surprise cos he didn't expect it. That 'song' he heard is a recording of Chloe's heartbeat which he recorded sometime during the last 2 hours when she was still inside my tummy while I was strapped to a fetal doppler monitor. He told me that he almost wanted to cry right there and then, and it made him feel like Chloe was around him and that was a message from her.

Mark is still rather puzzled how the recording ended up in the iTunes of his laptop since it had never been there previously, even after he'd been syncing his iPhone to his laptop numerous times. Looking back, we have had this recording for coming to 2 years (it'd be exactly 2 years come 26 June) already. It's almost 2 years since we tearfully and reluctantly let go of our little Chloe, and almost 3 years since we lost our firstborn, Lucas.

I, too have that same recording on my phone, but I have not dared listened to it for a really long time because while the sound of her thumping heart is the most beautiful music to our ears, the heartache that comes with listening to it is insurmountable. It is a weird feeling... a feeling of pride and joy tinged with a lot of sadness and a very painful ache in the heart.


***********************************


Chloe sweetie,

This message is from your daddy, who wants me to let you know that he loves getting these 'signs' from you. He wants you to know that he got your message and that he is missing you very, very much. You will always be his precious and special little princess and he loves you so.

Hugs & Kisses,
Daddy (& Mummy too)

No comments: