Sunday, May 15, 2011

OSCAR Results


I have had little bun's OSCAR test results for a while now, but I keep forgetting about it. I guess those are pretty decent results for someone my age and it doesn't warrant any further tests. My 'risk factor' outcomes of each of the tested trisomies; Trisomy 13, Trisomy 18 and Trisomy 21 looks good, though of course we have to bear in mind that it is not 100% accurate.


When I showed Mark the report, his first remark was that the numbers are quite a lot lower than the first time I did this test while I was pregnant with Lucas. I was surprised that he remembered and noticed it. If I haven't remembered wrongly, the result at that time for Trisomy 21 (Down's Syndrome) was 1:11,000-ish, compared to the 1:7135 now. That's the effect of age... 3 years to be exact. I was 31 then.

Anyhow, I am already very grateful for this outcome... I can't ask for anything more.


No comments: