Monday, May 23, 2011


Tomorrow is my 3rd, and hopefully also the final, IVIG injection. The 4 to 5 hours spent sitting in the chair with the IV drips sticking into my hand is not exactly comfortable and exciting. Most importantly, what concerns me the most is the astronomical cos of each pop of that drug. S$2400 per pop a month for 3 months really burns a big hole in Mark's wallet. But hey, I wouldn't have it any other way as long as the doctors say it'd give my pregnancy a better chance. Not a guarantee, mind you... just a chance. But a chance is what I need... it is what little bun needs.

Hoping that when I see the hematologist tomorrow morning, she will tell me this is the last of my IVIGs. I know from the nurses that some pregnant women go through with the monthly IVIGs all the way until the month they deliver.

No comments: