Saturday, January 15, 2011


Mark has been asking me a number of times over the last 2 weeks about where we are with the fertility treatment. I have given us/ myself a short break for the past 7 weeks. Unfortunately during this time, my period didn't come... it should have been due right around Christmas Day (ok plus or minus a day or two). I was kind of hoping against all hopes that it'd regulate itself for once, but that didn't happen... and no signs of it up till now. Certainly am not pregnant too.

So next step will be to start with the medication to 'induce' it... If I start taking it today, I should get it in exactly one week's time. Once it comes, I'd have to call to make an appointment to see my doctor on Day 7. And so the whole routine will start...

Mark is keen for us to start IVF immediately rather than wasting more time and more money on the less invasive treatment that I had previously. I'm just a tad apprehensive and scared of what it'd entail, i.e. the cost, the process, the degree of pain. Most of all, I am terrified that:

1) We won't conceive with IVF (success rateof IVF is slightly higher than that of a normal cycle)
2) We'd succeed in getting pregnant and end up losing the baby at a later stage.
3) What would I/ we do then if the above happens? Call it quits for good or try again?





No comments: