Friday, January 14, 2011


I have been following the news on the Queensland floods over the last few days. Mark has got some cousins residing in Queensland and I sent an email to one of them to check on how she is managing because she has got a young son. She told me two days ago that the supermarket shelves were bare and they have lost their power supply.

Each time, photos and video footages of the stricken Aussie state leaves me in sadness and shock. People fleeing from their homes, pets and wildlife struggling to keep their heads above the rising flood waters, destroyed homes (and family for some)... There's certainly nothing 'sunshine' about the Sunshine State now.

The most touching (and devastating) piece of story so far is of a boy who sacrificed his life for his younger brother's (story here). He's only 13, barely a teenager, but what he's done is so heroic... R.I.P little mate. It makes me wonder who I would give up my life for, and who would YOU give up YOUR life for?

1 comment:

Opy - the Original GruffPuppy said...

Greg and the pups - no one else.

That story about the young boy was truly heartbreaking :(

Brooke
xo