Sunday, January 9, 2011


I spent some time last evening sorting through and organizing Lucas and Chloe's 'Treasure Chests'. My intention was really to put their birthday cards back into their respective chest, which is long overdue. Chloe's card has been lying on my desk since October, and Lucas' since December.
Frankly, opening the Treasure Chests is something that I try to avoid/ delay subconsciously because looking at all the contents of each individual chest makes my heart very heavy. Every single item in the chests brings back so much memories, both happy and/ or sad. It's now been two-and-a-half years since we lost Lucas, and one-and-a-half years since we lost Chloe, but the memories of the short time they spent with us remain so vivid.

So can time really heal all wounds? My answer still remains a resolute 'No' (not even the slightest bit). Maybe one day, I will be able to 'let go', but for now and for the foreseeable future, I do not see it happening.



My Darling Little Boy's 2nd Birthday Card


My Precious Little Princess' 1st Birthday Card







No comments: