Friday, January 21, 2011


It seems like Singapore's declining fertility is the 'hot topic' these days... In yesterday's papers, there was an article covering 2 full pages on '10 ways to have more babies'. Naturally, I read it with a lot of interest and thought.

Out of the 10 ways listed, three of them (below) interest and appealed to me most simply because I think it'd help ME in my road to becoming a mother.
  • Allow surrogate pregnancies
  • Promote IVF
  • Adopt babies

Mark and I have discussed surrogate pregnancies countless times before, and if it does become legal in Singapore, I will be the first one signing up for it because I think it'd be a sure proof way for us. Mark and I have proven that we can produce healthy offsprings if it weren't for my body's betrayal. As long as it is not my inferior body carrying the baby for 40 weeks, that baby will have a much higher chance of surviving in another woman's womb. Other than not carrying the baby in my womb for 40 weeks, that baby will be 100% ours biologically. Unfortunately, it is not legal here yet although there are countries where this is already being practiced. Very recently, Nicole Kidman and her hubby welcomed their 2nd biological child through a surrogate mother.

It'd take a VERY long time before surrogacy becomes legal in Singapore, IF it'd ever happen at all because of peoples' mindset and also because of possible legal and social repercussions. I guess I'll have to 'park' this option unless I relocate to Australia or USA.

2 comments:

Opy - the Original GruffPuppy said...

I can get the spare room ready for you in a flash :)

Brooke

Huskee and Hershey said...

You are a sweetheart... :)
(Oh and no need to prepare the spare room because I'll be happy sharing space with Benson and Ping)