Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Shopping Time...


Mark and I have finally broken the 'protocol' and started buying some basic items for little bun. To be honest, it is done with more trepidition than excitement. I just hope we didn't jinx anything. So far we've gotten little bun's cot bed (never realized there was a difference between a 'cot' and a 'cot bed' until now, and didn't realize a cot bed plus mattress cost as much as an adult super single bed!!), bedding set, a super cute bath towel/wrap, swaddle wraps (never knew something like this existed), diaper mat, and a whole bunch of other necessities.

While I was in hospital, my sis had bought quite a lot of clothings, mittens and booties, towels, little hankies for little bun cos we all thought little bun was going to arrive anytime then. I think my sis invested a small fortune in all the stuff for little bun, and her shopping spree is still going strong. My mom also handmade something like a set of 4 baby pillows, a bolster and bedsheet... the last I heard, she's planning on making even more. My dad will be tasked with coming up with little bun's Chinese name (Mark and I are still getting nowhere with little bun's English name..not even a shortlist).

Little bun is going to be one very lucky and well-loved baby... everyone in the family is excitedly looking forward to the arrival of the newest addition. Actually Mark and I are still cautiously wary about being overly happy or excited. 'Once bitten, twice shy' I suppose. So what is 'Twice bitten, .......' ??! I don't think it's sunk into either of us that if things go well, we will be bringing a baby home fairly soon. Oh and I think one of us (most likely Mark) should have 'the talk' with Hershey soon too. She's going to be a 'big sister' and needs to curb some of her 'madness'. Hope she won't have too much difficulty in accepting little bun.

No comments: