Monday, October 24, 2011

Mummy's Pride and Daddy's Joy


Just before I was discharged from hospital, one of the nurses came by to ask if I was interested in attending a talk on 'Bonding with Baby'. Mark and I immediately looked at each other before replying a resolute 'no'. I suppose there may be people out there who need some assistance/support in this area, but definitely not me. I have been waiting for this baby for soooo long, and have gone through so much to have him... my bond with him was established from the moment I got a 'plus' on my home pregnancy kit. Holding him in my arms only made the bond even more unbreakable.

I may have difficulty falling pregnant and even more challenges staying pregnant, but I know for certain that aside from these 2 'roadblocks', I am born to be a mother! I just feel sad that in my quest towards motherhood, I had to lose Lucas, Chloe and little one. I still love and miss them terribly and wonder constantly how it'd have been like if they are with us today.

Right now I am relishing every minute I am awake cos I get to see my baby boy. Sleep used to be one of the top priorities of my life but now it's taken a backseat cos I have an incentive to be awake! I can't get enough of looking at Little Bun, touching him, sniffing his unique baby scent, kisisng his head/finges/toes... I am still amazed that he is here and he is mine. I find it hard to believe that Mark and I created this perfect little being.



No comments: