Wednesday, October 5, 2011


Finally had my first appointment with Dr Anu after she returned from her month long medical leave/quarantine. It was so good to see her, although the doctor who took care of me in her absence (he's a Professor in fact) was very good and experienced too. Dr Anu was really pleased that little bun held on until now and said she couldn't ask for anything more.

The scan today revealed that my water level (aka Amiotic Fluid Index) is at a healthy 11.5. They were not able to measure my cervical length any longer cos little bun is in the cephalic (aka 'heads down') position and his/her head is pressing down on my cervix. Anyway I don't think they are really bothered about my cervical length any longer... Now the important thing is to ensure that little bun is thriving well.

We also had a very lengthy discussion on the delivery date and mode. I am still undecided between going for natural birth or a C-section. Obviously I am terrified of getting cut open, but for C-section, the risk lies more on the mother than baby whereas for natural birth, there's more risk for the baby. I was also very surprised to learn that for C-sections, they use GA (cos from what I have been watching on television, they only use LA, but of course that is in America). I had always envisioned that I'd be awake/conscious to witness the birth of little bun and welcome my precious one into the world. Gee... now I am lost and confused, and we have 1 week to decide on what we want to do before seeing Dr Anu next week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Been following ur posts 4 a few months and there r times I feel ur apprehension as tho I was the one goin thru it.
Am praying that all goes well 4 u. And if u go for th c.s, n opt 2 be awake 2 recieve uq bun, I pray that it wil b a beautiful experience. Non of that spinal headache or nothn!
We r praying 4 u!