Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Big Decisions...


I made Mark accompany me for my appointment with Dr Anu this morning because there are a number of important decisions that need to be made and we also attended a briefing on the different types of birthing packages that are available (mainly the category of wards and cost of each type). I guess I am more comfortable in making the little day to day decision but when it comes to something big and important, I actually depend a lot on Mark!

The biggest decision is still whether to deliver naturally or to opt for C-section (I am still undecided). This is then followed by if we opt for C-section, should we go for GA (i.e. total knock out) or epidural (i.e. only the lower half of my body will be numbed and I will remain conscious throughout the delivery). If I opt for GA, then Mark will not be able to accompany me and witness the birth of little bun, and if I opt for epidural, then he'd be able to accompany me and witness little bun's entry into the world.

As Dr Anu said, these are good 'problems' to have. We still have another week to ponder over it.

Today's scan also revealed that the level of my water level (aka Aminiotic Fluid Index) had further increased during the past week... it went from 11.5 to 16. That's rather interesting because the AFI is suppose to go down as the pregnancy progresses towards full term. But then considering how things have been throughout the course of this pregnancy, I guess I shouldn't be surprised since this is anything but a 'normal' pregnancy. Overall little bun is in good shape and everything is on track.

(The other piece of good news is Dr Anu said that I can now regain more of my mobility.. i.e. walk more and even go out!!! Not that there's anywhere that I want to go now that I can feel a lot more of the pressure of little bun's weight on my lower torso, but it'd be really nice if I can pick out some of little bun's stuff myself.. Oh yes, and I just read from some checklist that I need a nursing bra. It's not something that I can despatch Mark to buy on my behalf, I think!!)

1 comment:

Opy - the Original GruffPuppy said...

I think that whatever you and Mark decide - he has to be there for the birth of little bun.

After all that you have both been through - you need to experience little bun's birth as a family, together.

Just my .02c worth :)

Brooke
xo