Monday, October 17, 2011

1 Year Anniversary of being.. ummm... JOBLESS!!


It had been exactly a year since I quit my job and this had been a year that had solely been dedicated to working on the 'project of my life'. Cliche, but how time flies. I don't regret leaving the job that I like and enjoy, although I do hope I will be able to go back to it one day. Kinda miss the interaction with people from all nationalities and walks of life, the deadlines, the job satisfaction, my ex-colleagues (ok only some, not all). The things that I do NOT miss are the early morning/late night conference calls and the travelling.

Oh yes, above all things, one of the things I miss the most is the financial independence of having regular pay!! Got to admit I wasn't paid too shabbily by my ex-company so I do worry if I'd ever be able to draw that kind of pay when I return to the rat race. I've got to make up for one year of 'controlled shopping' plus I'd have an extra little person to shop for! (Sidenote: baby stuff are SO expensive!!) There are soooooo many things that I'd love to buy for little bun, but since Mark and I have already spent a fortune on my medical expenses, I have to be prudent with our expenses and it's really 'needs versus wants' at the moment.

No comments: