Sunday, October 9, 2011


I have been diligently counting and charting little bun's movements daily per Dr Anu's instructions (although she did not tell me why she wanted me to do this, I know the reason for it). On some days (like today) little bun is extremely active. My poor ribs are at little bun's mercy when he/she is trying out sommersaults in what little room there is left inside my belly. I wonder if it's because Mark is at home and little bun can hear daddy's voice (yes, apparently they can hear at this stage, if it's loud enough of course). However, on other days, it takes some prodding from me to garner a little punch or kick of protest from the little one. Those are nerve-wrecking moments while I wait for a response.

Little bun has been an extremely good baby and Mark and I couldn't be more pleased or proud (yes, we are already proud of our unborn child, if that's even possible)... During the 2 plus weeks while I was in hospital, Mark would 'talk' to little bun every single night (during those times, I'd worry that a doctor or nurse would decide to pop into my room and then catch Mark kneeling beside my bed talking to my exposed belly!!). Much of the (one-sided) conversation revolved around Mark telling little bun to "hang in there" and to "wait a little longer". Little bun seemed to have been listening to what daddy had been telling him/her!! I reminded Mark today that he'd better remember to let little bun know when it is time to 'un-wait'!!!

No comments: