Monday, March 1, 2010

Tokyo Day 01


Just arrived in Tokyo about 3 hours ago and checked into my teeny weeny room for the next few days... I have not yet seen the sun here in the 'Land of the Rising Sun'. The weather is cool, drab and basically just gloomy. Quite a sudden change from the super hot and humid weather back home. Find it pretty interesting that I was wearing my bathing suit basking in the warm afternoon sunshine yesterday afternoon, and now I am wearing turtlenecks and jackets!!

The flight here wasn't too bad... my first time on A380 and I do like the product. Now I finally understand what the hype was about when it was first launched. Sadly I only managed to catch short, interrupted sleep during those 6 hours. I wanted to kick myself hard for not having a camera with me because at 5am, I woke up to the most beautiful sunrise. It was breathtaking and no words can be used to described that moment and do it justice. well if this is what Heaven looks like, then I am sure Lucas and Chloe are having a fun time there and occasionally peeking down at their parents from behind the fluffy clouds.

When Mark sent me to the airport last night, we kissed goodbye under the full moon (it being the last day of Chinese New Year meant that yesterday was the 15th of the lunar month, a time where the moon is at its fullest). I wonder if my Angels were also watching us from above... I have been away from Mark less than 12 hours, and I am already missing him like crazy. It feels weird doing things without him beside me.

Got to go and take a shower to freshen up before trying to find my way to the office.

No comments: