Wednesday, March 24, 2010

My Kind of 'Diet'


The counsellor came by to our place this morning to get me to sign off my 'discharge document' to discharge myself from her care. She was really surprised when she saw me cos she claimed that I lost 'a lot' of weight and she wouldn't have recognised me if I bumped into her outside.

I have been weighing myself daily and I have not lost much weight... I don't think I have lost anything over 1.5 kg, which is pretty insignificant anyway. Mark also made a comment earlier this week that I look haggard due to my sunken cheeks (yup, now he's made me more self-conscious than ever).

The same thing happened when I was in the office earlier this week. Two colleagues whom I rarely see commented that I have lost heaps weight and asked what kind of diet I was on. I certainly am not putting myself through any kind of 'diet' consciously, certainly not Atkins, South Beach, Cambridge, etc.

Perhaps my kind of diet is the 'Diet of the Broken Hearted'. No exercise or pill-popping necessary...

No comments: