Thursday, March 18, 2010

You've Got Mail


I was on a conference call when Mark came home last night. I saw a cheeky smile on his face and was wondering who/ what would have brought upon that. He then showed me the white envelope in his hands and it took a while before I registered what it was.

When I was in London last week, I decided to do something different to surprise him, so I wrote him a letter using the hotel stationery and got the hotel staff to mail it for me. We usually email/ MSN/ SMS or talk on the phone, so snail mail is somewhat of a novelty for us. As far as I can recall, we have not exchanged any snail mail since Mark returned from Melbourne in 2002.

Anyway, I totally forgot about this letter until I saw it again last evening... Glad it brought a smile to his face at the end of a long and tiring day.






No comments: